Especially with this sudden change to virtual and hybrid teaching, I have begun to shift my focus, in class, to building community and personalization, through student interviews, picture talk, and story asking, using what is discussed in class to create texts (i.e. Write and Discuss) for students to interact with outside of class. In addition, I’ve begun to use the words we introduce in class to write informational texts or stories for students to further interact with. More input and repetitions of input being very good!
So, what follows below are links to the stories and other informational texts I have created. Feel free to use and share.
Non-Fiction (informational topics)
- Porcus aut Sus
- Iason Momoa
- Gladiatores (version 1)
- Gladiatores (version 2)
- Comedere in Antiqua Roma
- Insula Sena
- Funus et Sepultura
- Cornelia, mater Gracchorum (a novice-level biography)
- Hortensius Hortalus (a novice-level biography)
- Natus Minervae
- Natus Bacchi
Short Stories (some with pictures)
- Piscis Tristis
- Fabula de Equite Viride (on-going, episodic tale)
- Tithonus ad Scholam Venit
- Primus Dies Scholae
- Animal an Cibus?
- Pablo et Examen
- Steve Male Ludit
- Gabby’s Mini-Tales (with 3 Word Images)
- Mini-Tales with 3 Word Images
- You Want What You Don’t Have (Versio I)
- You Want What You Don’t Have (Versio II)
- You Want What You Don’t Have (Versio III)
Any mistakes are mine. If you’d like to offer corrections, suggestions, or advice, use the contact page to reach out and let me know.